Saturday, January 15, 2011

Camberwell Markets


I have 2 visits worth of Camberwell goods to report....



One of my best finds today, this excellent basket. I saw the same one on another stall earlier for $25. I was very happy to pick this one up for $10.


I have bought some of these picnic cups before but recently decided that I am going to build up a collection and use them as my everyday cups. I am moving house soon so am getting prepared. The cup collection is almost sorted, I now have 11 in total. These 6 were $5 and came with a little zip up case.


I always get excited about nice things to hang on the wall, especially if they are hand made. This cross stitch that reminds me of my trans mongolian train ride in the middle of winter was $12 and came in a particularly nice frame. I am looking forward to hanging this one on our new walls.



A cute milk carafe made in Italy. Just 2 bucks mate!



Another lovely paper covered cardboard box to add to my collection - 50 cents. Very handy indeed.




A nice little coffee table for the new house. (We still haven't found our new house... but I am getting ready!) The legs screw off and it was only $12. I couldn't say no to that.


I have seen this guy around and have wanted to buy him for a while. My sneaky mama bear saw me looking at him today and snuck back when I was hanging out at the donut van and bought it for me. She is cute and sneaky! Thanks Mum!


Lastly, this awesome dog breed wall hanging. It is really big and great (Well, I think it's great, Charley isn't so sure yet). It was from a primary school and was apparently printed in the 70s. I liked it even more when I saw it has a Bull Terrier on it.... they are the greatest dogs ever.



I had an accomplis for the last two market visits - my sister Aimee. She is visiting from Spain. She found some excellent things....

We both love these canisters, they often come in sets which can be pretty pricey and tricky to transport back to Spain. This little lone ranger however, was just $10 and will be perfect for storing raw sugar.


One very loved and super smooth rolling pin. Apparently from the 50s. It was $8.



And lastly, this really gorgeous teeny tiny record player. It was only $10 and it works!




6 comments:

  1. great finds! Your new house will look fabulous with such finery adorning its nooks and cranny's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your new house is going to be BIG x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow!!! What a score! I LOVE the bag and the coffee table and the milk jug and the cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work!
    Especially the record player,Not many will top that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC! You will have to take me there when I come (move) to melbourne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally! A fellow bull terrier lover! They are the BEST dogs ever. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete