Thursday, September 30, 2010

Juliana Neufeld













Wow wow wow! My bestie Zeshan sent me a link last week to Juliana Neufelds website. He thought I would like her work and he was spot on. Since making the discovery, I have spent lots of time clicking through images of Julianas illustrations, photographs and design work. I quickly became curious about what kind of person is behind these beautiful explosions of colour and creativity. So I sent an email with my questions and how nice is Juliana?!... she wrote back straight away! This is what she so kindly shared with me and you....


Where are you based?

Im based out of Toronto, Canada



How do you spend most of your time?

Art! I spend most of the weekdays at my studio, working as an illustrator and on the weekends, I try to connect with friends..making food, drinking wine, biking around the city.



Do you have any pets?

Im very ashamed to say I have NONE! I love animals soo much, but I'm all over the place geographically and I want to be the loving animal mother I should be, before I take home a furry little one. I basically informally adopt the cats on my block and we hang on stoops together in the sun :)



Do you have a favourite city or place to visit?

I have family in San Fransisco, which is a hugely creative, inspiring city and which reminds me a lot of Toronto and so I try to visit at least once a year. Outside of North America, Ghana and Tanzania have both been amazing experiences. I spent a week in StoneTown on the Island of Zanzibar, off the coast of tanzania and spent the week fishing, swimming, eating fresh fish and taking pictures.



Who are your 4 favourite artists at the moment?

haha..I'm going to cheat and give you top four older artists AND top four contemporary artists

Jean Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Robert Rauschenburg and Maurice Sendak

and more contemporary are
Sally Mann, Sabrina Ward Harrison, Dan Eldon and Yoshitomo Nara.


No comments:

Post a Comment